District - Patna
City & Landmark – Patna City. Next to Patna Commission
Circuit – General
About / Importance - This is a massive granary situated next to river Ganga. It was built by Captain John Garstin for British army in 1786 to take a precaution for the severe famine that occurred in 1770. The height of this gigantic granary is 105’ and the walls at the base measure about 3.6 m wide. There is no entry fee for this monument.
View & Feel - The granary had been closed for public to enter inside the structure. There are two stairways with 141 steps winding around the dome form of the granary to reach at the top to enjoy the city view alongside the magnificent river Ganga. This is now made as a recreational space along with a garden.